Saturday, September 5, 2009

Only poodles could pull this off!





Most of you are probably used to seeing Gryphon in pictures only and those pictures have shown a typical poodle doo. He had just been groomed for the summer in what is called a puppy cut or kennel cut. This style is still pretty typical of poodle cuts with a pompadour on top, furry feet and a pom pom tail. We were cutting firewood recently and I had some down time while Peter was cutting up a log. I usually knit or something. I was holding my scissors, looked at Gryphon and decided he didn't need the pom pom. Then I felt the feet needed trimming. When I decided I wanted to see what he would look like without the pompadour of course the ear thing had to go too. Peter turned around, looked at the pile of fur, then at Gryphon. This did not even resemble his dog. He was shocked a little at first but this look has grown on us. I'm sure it's alot cooler for him! It also left a nice pile of extremely soft nest building material for the birds. This is him up in the woods right after his new doo. Not as creative as these groomers but good enough for us.




5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Ugh, those cuts are awful...the proverbial 'mullet' for dogs!

Definitely fo paux.

Kathy said...

Or Fo Paw? He he he..

Yancy said...

i like gryphs new cut

Unknown said...

where's the original link to these images?

Kathy said...

I believe it was "telegraph.co.uk"
Poodle Power