Thursday, July 23, 2009

Aurora Monsteralis


Last night we stayed long at a friend's to share dinner on his birthday. I didn't come home to start watering until 9:30. I was finished at 11:00 but was kept company by the Northern Lights. (Haven't seen any of those since the ceasing of the sunspot activity) I didn't want to go in right away in case I should miss something spectacular. And then it occurred to me.....some creature from the marsh had been waiting for this opportunity; with my eyes directed heavenward it would attack me silently from behind and shred my body to pieces in an instant.

I hoped it would be that quick and continued to gaze on.

Will have to check tonight and see if we get a repeat performance.

2 comments:

Leah Z said...

I didn't know you could see the Aurora in Washington! Next time we'll have to schedule our visit so we can see it. It must be so amazing in real life.

Also, I think Jason's post went to your head! It certainly was nightmare worthy. :)

Kathy said...

I read Jason's post on the storm the next morning and talked to him about the similarity of our perceptions. I guess the nut doesn't fall too far!