Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tagged...and starting to blog!

So many people have blogs and I have been thinking about posting for a long time. I decided that the first post should be a “tagging” because a lot of people are doing it and I want you to know just a little bit about me.

Here goes.

Hobbies - knitting, beading, walking, biking, photography.

Favorite film series - Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett, Dr Who, Big Love, Six Feet Under.

Favorite movies - Pieces of April, Fanny and Alexander, Boondock Saints, Fight Club, Love Song for Bobby Long, The Black.

Stallion, Vincent and Theo, Jean de Florette, Babette’s Feast, Pelle the Conqueror, Green Card, Young Frankenstein, Crooklyn and anything by Spike Lee and Robert Altman

Favorite actor- Gerard Depardieu.

Favorite musical artists - Herbie Hancock, Leonard Cohen, Jamie Cullum, Coco Love Alcorn, Pat Metheny, Harry Manx, Victor Wooten, Jesse Cook, Freddy Cole, Lyle Mays, Wayne Johnson, Rufus Wainwright, Danny O’Keefe, Tony Bennett, k.d. lang,

Jonny Lang, Nusrat Fateh, Ali Khan, Dan Hicks, John Doan, The Doors, and Sting.

Favorite musical instruments- drums, didgeridoo, bamboo flute, viola da gamba.

Favorite Song - John Doan ‘Where Horses of Faerie Hide.’

Watching - Dr Who.

Listening to - Outlander by Diana Gabledon (Audio Book).

Reading - Confessions of a Pagan Nun.

Favorite Fictional Character- Jamie Frazier ‘Outlander.’

Favorite books - Dove, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Kite Runner, Life of Pi, Ishmael, The Prophet.

Favorite artists - Van Gogh, Matisse, Monet, Henry von Roessler.

Favorite experiences - Cirque du Soleil, white water rafting, and walking on the beach

Favorite Quote – “Let the beauty we love be what we do. Don’t go back to sleep, don’t go back to sleep.” Rumi

Sorry about this incredibly long first post…I guess I’m just too talkative today.

Also, I want to introduce our newest member of the family, Gryphon.

He is a rescue dog we have had for two weeks now. He was literally a basket case when we got him. It was as though we had captured a wild dog that would not let you approach him. He had never been socialized and was kept in a kennel in someone’s barn. He has progressed to sleeping in our room instead of the crate and even comes up the stairs by himself. He was originally afraid of them and had to be carried up! This weekend he experienced the leash and went for a walk to the coffeehouse where he met several people who were anxiously waiting to meet him. He was incredible on the leash. I continue to learn that I underestimate his intelligence.

8 comments:

♥Miya said...

Gérard Depardieu? LOL, Roy and I just watched 'The Closet'. Have you seen "Paris, je t'aime"? Fantastic series of five-minute films all done by different directors, he was in one of the episodes briefly. We just got it off Netflix, it was really a great collection. The Coen brothers did a really silly short with Steve Buscemi that was hilarious.

By the way, Lucie tells me you haven't rented the first disc of Firefly yet! I can guarantee you and Peter will love it :)

Anonymous said...

Well, my favorites change position from time to time but I have really liked him in everything I’ve see him in. I haven’t seen either of those but just added The Closet and Firefly to my queue. So many people have told me I need to watch Firefly that I guess its time.

Mom

♥Concerned♥ said...

What a handsome dog!

Firefly was fantastic, you'll love it!

Yancy said...

Good first post mom.
Keep it up.

Kathy said...

Scotts,
We rented Firefly, it was great! Now we have to see the rest and the movie!

Unknown said...

Hey nice to know you blog! That dog is great. I am glad you found a companion. It's been nice to see Jason, and visit with him.

Anonymous said...

kris,
Thanks. Gryphon has been a great companion. Jason has been happy to spend time with you all and catch up. I'm glad he's been going down there.

Gabriel in PHX said...

Hi Kathy- I saw that Henry Von Roessler was one of your favorite artists. My family was close to Hank and have several originals from the sixties until his death. Unfortunately, the Martin Gallery where he sold id gone and the phx art library offers only limited help. If you know how I can get in touch with anyone more familiar with his work, please e-mail me at gabriel.vasquez63@yahoo.com Thanks and have a great day- Gabriel